When you’re busy, you want to reach for easy snack ideas that taste delicious. These Uncle Sam Granola Bars give you a quick snack for all ages in a simple granola bar recipe.Try out this delicious granola bar recipe next time you need a portable snack.
* 1 ½ cups oats
* ½ cup Uncle Sam cereal
* 1/4 wheat germ (if you don’t have wheat germ on hand, feel free to add in more oats or flour instead)
* ½ cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* ¼ cup sunflower seeds
* ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (you can sub in any kind of seed or nut for the sunflower/pumpkin seeds)
* ½ cup chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup oil (you could also use applesauce)
* 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute (or 2 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoons of water)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together first 9 ingredients. Add in eggs and oil. Mix well (mixture will be just wet enough, if you feel like you need a little additional wetness, add in a tablespoon or two of applesauce).
Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Press mixture into the bottom.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.