- Where are all of your products made?All of our products are made in the United States.
- Why can’t I get your products in my store?The grocery business is more competitive every day, and for a small company like ours getting products on shelf is one of the biggest challenges, despite having the some of the healthiest foods available. You can help by asking your grocer to carry the product, or as an alternative you can buy them online here.
- Do you have any fat-free products?Yes, we do have fat free products! At Attune Foods, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy diet, and therefore we are committed to providing our customers with an array of healthy products to support their dietary goals.
- Do you have any products that are suitable for a dairy restricted diet?Yes, all Attune Foods' cereals and graham crackers are made without dairy ingredients.
- Do you have products suitable for vegans?Yes, we do offer vegan suitable products. Vegans have the strictest or purist of all vegetarian eating styles, excluding all animal products from their diet including honey. Attune Foods aims to provide an array of healthy products, made from the finest ingredients, that help support your specific dietary needs.
- Are your ingredients and products kosher?Orthodox Union or KOF-K certifies the following Attune Foods' products:
Orthodox Union certifies:
- All ready to eat cereals (i.e. Uncle Sam, Erewhon, Skinners, New Morning Oatios)
- New Morning Organic Grahams
- Attune chocolate probiotic bars
- What do you mean by "real" whole grains?There are three parts to a whole grain:
1. Germ (the inner layer) – contains B vitamins that play a key role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and energy.
2. Endosperm (the middle layer) – provides a source of energy for body cells.
3. Bran (the outer layer) – is an excellent source of fiber.
Thus, whole grain cereals are an excellent and easy way to get many of the necessary nutrients important to a healthy diet. Rich in complex carbohydrates that provide a source of energy and dietary fiber, whole grains also contain nutrients such as vitamin E and selenium, which may protect against heart disease and cancer.
Uncle Sam Cereal is produced using a traditional “rolled berry method”, a process that preserves the natural fiber, nutrition, and wholesome flavor of wheat. The rolled berry method begins with the wheat berry, which is then steam cooked and then rolled flat with stainless steel rollers, forming a wheat flake. The wheat flake is then oven toasted to create a crispy “real” whole grain cereal flake. The result is a true taste that gives you the full nutritional benefit of the entire wheat kernel, including the bran and germ. The same rolled berry method is used in making Erewhon Raisin Bran beginning with organic whole wheat kernels.
Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereals (all varieties) and Erewhon Rice Twice are also produced using the entire whole grain. Each piece of cereal is actually a whole-grain individual piece of rice that has been either steamed or crisped, and then puffed.
As always, Attune Foods is committed to offering a variety of products that support a healthy lifestyle and the specific nutritional needs of our customers. Taste the whole-grain difference!
For more information about whole grains visit these sites:
The Whole Grains Council
- What is your position on GMOs?We at Attune Foods are concerned about genetically modified organisms (GMOs). We have been successful in receiving certification from the suppliers of the ingredients used in Erewhon organic products that they do not use GMOs. This being the case, we have labeled the Erewhon organic ready-to-eat cereals with the statement “No Genetically Modified Ingredients”. Most of our branded products are GMO free as well, as evidenced by the Non-GMO Project certification seal on them.
However, we cannot be sure about those products that contain commercial corn or natural vitamin E, which is soy based. We are discussing the viability of segregating GMO ingredients with our suppliers.
Because Attune Foods is a small business by U.S. agribusiness standards, our volume alone is not sufficient to warrant segregating our requirements. We are continuing to seek suppliers of non-GMO corn and soy. We hope that the united efforts of small companies such as ours, combined with certain legislative action, will result in the segregation of these crops. In this way, all products can be labeled properly.