6 Mar 2012
Do you ever make a treat that is so delicious and so insanely addictive, that you have to swear you will never make it again? Something that should serve eight, but you and a loved one devour in less than 24 hours?
You can’t help yourself.
They are just too easy.
They taste too darn good.
Loaded with chocolate, and oats, and seeds, and … wait a minute … according to WebMD (and the travel gnome, naturally) they are downright heart healthy!
So you proudly make them again …
Addictive Double Chocolate Granola Bars
Summary: The crunch of the granola in these simplistic bars is what sends this easy healthy recipe over the top. Technically, you can use any granola you like as the base; I’ve tried several different ones and even a simple, honey-sweetened, no frills granola produces delicious results. BUT, none could top the irresistible depth of using my homemade double chocolate granola, probiotic power and all (for good digestive health of course!).
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used dairy-free semi-sweet chips)
- 1/4 Cup Nut or Seed Butter (I typically use “chunky” SunButter,
but peanut butter and “heart healthy” almond butter also work great)
- 1-1/2 Cups Homemade Chocolate Granola (oh yeah, I’ve got an
easy healthy recipe for that too!) or Your Favorite Granola
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. I do this in 30 second intervals in the microwave, whisking well between each heating (usually takes just 60 to 90 seconds total).
- Stir in the nut or seed butter until well combined.
- Gently stir in the granola.
- Press the mixture into eight to ten muffin cups that are greased if needed. I use silicone muffin cups, so they just pop right out without any prep.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more or the freezer for 15 minutes or more.
- Try not to eat them all in one sitting.
- I like to store them in the freezer for maximum crunch.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Chilling time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan, Dairy free, Egg free, and optionally Gluten free, Nut free, Peanut free, Soy free and/or Wheat free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Copyright © Alisa Fleming.
AlisaCheck out my latest posts here