15 Nov 2011
I love chicken fingers, but I don’t love the fact that they are almost always fried. These chicken fingers are the perfect compromise – the corn flakes make them super crunchy even though they are baked, and the spices add delicious flavor.
Corn Flake Encrusted Chicken Fingers (Gluten Free)
(makes ~3 to 4 servings)
Just like the chicken fingers from your favorite diner… minus the grease.
- 1 package chicken tenders (mine was ~1.25 lbs)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 C Erewhon Corn Flakes, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp. each of: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder
Preheat oven to 375.
1) In a small bowl, combine the egg and mustard. On a plate, mix the crushed corn flakes and spices.
2) One by one, dredge the chicken tenders in the egg/mustard mixture, then in the corn flake mixture until fully coated. Place the coated tenders on a cooking sprayed or nonstick baking sheet. You may need more than one – I used two baking sheets!
3) Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
These are great for lunch with a side salad, as you see below, or try them for dinner with some roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. Delish! And don’t forget the (organic) ketchup. 😉here