31 May 2011
Gluten Free doesn’t have to be boring! This recipe was born out of a desire for a healthier “fried” chicken tender that is baked, crunchy and full of flavor.
Gluten Free Recipe- Spiced Chicken Tenders
1 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice GF cereal
1 cup Erewhon Corn Flakes
1/2 lb. organic chicken tenders
1/4 tsp. Za’atar (thyme, oregano, sesame seeds, sumac)
1/2 T paprika
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 T onion powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 cup milk or unsweetened non-dairy beverage
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter or use olive oil spray on a cookie sheet.
3. Place cereal in a plastic bag and crush it along counter top. You can use your food processor if you have one too. Crush / grind until desired consistency, resembling small broken flakes and meal-like consistency. (I used two kinds of gluten free cereal for better texture and flavor.) Once you’ve got the consistency down, add in the spices and cilantro. Shake the bag until your ingredients have well blended.
4. In a small bowl, add and whisk the egg and milk until combined.
5. Empty your bag of spiced crumb mixture onto a plate. Pick up one chicken tender and soak in the egg / milk combination. Next dredge it through the crumbs on one side of the tender before flipping it to the other side. Make sure to check all sides of the tender to ensure it’s adequately coated with crumb mixture.
6. Set on cookie sheet.
7. Repeat with the other chicken tenders until all of them are coated with crumb mixture.
8. Place chicken tenders in oven for 25 minutes.
AnneliesCheck out my latest posts here